Our Discipleship Ministry is formed by the sense of being called to follow Jesus; to learn his ways. We study the Bible because we believe it is the Word of God. Martin Luther said, “The Bible is the manger that holds the Christ.” Lori Burnett is the leader of this committee.
Christian Education Fall 2022
Sunday Morning at 10:15 a.m.
Children’s Sunday School
- Brings together all of our kids, Pre-K through 5th grade, to learn about some of the biggest stories in the Bible. We’ll open the Bible, activate faith with crafts and conversation, and have fun together with church friends. New friends are always welcome. This class is led by Mrs. Anne, Mrs. Lori, and guest teachers and meets in classrooms 2 and 4.
Pastor’s Class: Open Topics
- Weekly topics to help you take a small step in your life of faith. Frequent topics will include: tools for reading the Bible, ways to pray, theology meets the news, mission partners and more. Bring your coffee and join Pr. Stephen in the Fellowship Hall.
Bible Study with Nancy Simon
- An intensive Bible study where you’ll really get to know the biblical book chosen by the class to study. Your input will be invited and enrich the discussion. Participants will receive a study guide to use throughout the week. People have found these classes to be very engaging and enriching to their faith. The class is led by Nancy Simon and meets in classroom 10.
Wednesday Bible Study 10:00 a.m.
- Gather with friends from church to look ahead to the upcoming Sunday’s Gospel reading. Conversation and reflections led by Pr. Stephen. Meets on Zoom. Contact the church office to receive the link.
Peace Family Faith at Home
- Faith resource to connect you with Jesus and your Peace Family throughout the week. The Bible verse, prayer, and hymn all tie in to Sunday worship. Put on your fridge, table, or sacred space.
Christ in Our Home
- Quarterly devotion booklet written by ELCA pastors across the country. Opens with a scripture verse for the day, a reflective thought, a closing prayer, and an invitation to continued reflection with prayer and additional scripture.
The People of Peace Daily Prayer Booklet
- Is a resource to help people grow in Christ’s peace through daily prayer, and then to extend Christ’s Peace to others. You can access it below.